WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Regularly reach with hands and arms
- Frequently required to sit for long periods of time
- Occasionally required to stand, walk, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl
- Frequently lift and/or move a minimum of 70 pounds
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus
- Must be able to sit in an aircraft seat in an upright position, restrained by a four point system while wearing a helmet
- Required to work frequently near moving mechanical parts
- Required to work in outside weather conditions
- Frequently exposed to blood-borne pathogens or airborne particles
- Frequently exposed to vibrations/turbulence and loud noise levels requiring hearing protection/helmet
- High school diploma or equivalent
- RN licensure without individual disciplinary action, currently licensed in the states served by assigned base EMT Certification: must be maintained after acquired for employment.
- Arkansas requires prior to hire an Arkansas EMT Certification
- Illinois requires TNCC and or TNS within 6 months of hire date
- Tennessee requires TN EMT Certification within 12 months of hire date
- Texas requires EMT Certification within 90 days after first RN to EMT class after hire date
- Advanced Certifications must be maintained for employment.
- CEN or CCRN or CFRN is required within 24 months from date of hire.
- Tennessee requires CEN or CCRN or CFRN within 12 months of hire date
- PHTLS or ITLS, NRP, BLS, ACLS, and PALS or PEPP completed prior to flight status and maintained for employment
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret health and flight-related journals, patient charts, and job specific legal documents
- Ability to respond to inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community
- Ability to perform mathematical functions for drug calculations and age specific medication management
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables
- Three years of ER/Adult Critical Care Nursing experience
An Equal Opportunity Employer: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.