Responsible for training new Patient Account representatives in the billing process and educate the reps on department policies and procedures.
A. Trains new Patient Account employees
• Ensures all training material and supplies are available for new hires.
• Explains the billing reference manual to new employees and provides the training on new and existing accounts for billing.
• Trains all new employees Sweet billing systems and all other applications required during the billing process.
• Instructs new employees on the billing process for each payor group as applicable to the account rep’s position.
• Teaches claim submission and the handling of all incoming and outgoing correspondence and provides instruction on the daily work processes.
• Provides refresher training courses for the department as needed.
• Assigns books of business to new employees.
• Covers duties for billing reps when out on leave.
B. Maintains updates for training/reference manuals
• Conducts calls to insurance carriers in relation to changes in claim processing and claim payments allowances.
• Reviews and conducts online research for insurance provider manuals for billing guideline updates.
• Conducts calls to carriers in relation to changes in claim processing and claim payment allowances.
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Ability to analyze and solve problems
• Records maintenance skills
• Ability to prepare routine administrative work
• One year experience in successfully managing a patient accounts book of business
An Equal Opportunity Employer: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.