- High School Diploma, GED, or Equivalent
- CPR Certification
- Licensed EMD preferred
- NAACS required within 12 months of employment
- Detail oriented
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to function in a fast paced, at times high stress, work environment
- Ability to have situational awareness with numerous units and situations
- Computer literate
- Prior Communications Center experience helpful but not required
- Previous clerical, administrative, or general office experience preferred
- Previous experience in prehospital setting (ground ambulance, fire department, law enforcement, etc)
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL/MENTAL REQUIREMENTS
- Must be able to perform job duties in a fast paced environment
- Must be available to work nights, weekends and holidays
- Make critical decisions in a timely manner
- Frequently required to sit for long periods of time
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus
- Copying: transcribing, entering, or posting data.
- Analyzing: examining and evaluating data. Presenting alternative actions in relation to the evaluation is frequently involved.
- Coordinating: determining time, place, and sequence of operations or action to be taken on the basis of analysis of data. May include prioritizing multiple responsibilities and/or accomplishing them simultaneously.
- Hearing: Perceiving the nature sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction, and having the ability to receive detailed information through oral communication, and making fine discriminations in sound.
- Reaching: Extending hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction.
- Talking: Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word; those activities where detailed or important spoken instructions must be conveyed to other workers accurately, loudly, or quickly.
- Fingering: Picking, pinching, typing or otherwise working, primarily with fingers rather than whole hand.
An Equal Opportunity Employer: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.